Tom Gonzales PT, MPT, OCS, CMPT is a Certified Manual Physical Therapist. He is the only physical therapist in the area with certification through the North American Institute for Orthopedic Manual Therapy. Hands-on physical therapy care is a critical part of you achieving a complete and speedy recovery.
Manual therapy is a hands-on treatment by clinicians to treat muscle aches, joint pain, and limited range of motion. It encompasses a variety of techniques including soft tissue mobilization of muscles, specific joint mobilization, and joint manipulation.
The three most notable forms of manual therapy are:
- Manipulation is the application of a rapid force into a joint(s). Manipulation is often associated with an audible popping sound called cavitation.
- Mobilization is a slower, more controlled process of articular and soft-tissue stretching intended to improve joint mobility.
- Massage is typically the repetitive rubbing, stripping or kneading of muscle and fascia tissues to facilitate healing.
Manual therapy has been proven to be an important part of an overall conservative treatment plan for a variety of conditions including:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Hip Pain
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Stiffness/Limited Range of Motion
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Pinched Nerves
- Limited Joint Range of Motion
- Capsule Tightness
- Post-surgical Stiffness
- Much More…
Manual therapy is typically part of a complete treatment plan that is customized for your specific needs. Give is a call to learn how we can incorporate manual therapy into your rehabilitation program.